Apr 07

17 comments on “Not All Fabrics Are Created Equal

• First off, i loveeeeee d dress, it’s simple but really beautiful nd dat body hugging feature of stretchy materials ehn. Secondly, stretchy fabrics av shown me pepper in dis lyf, i usually use paper but trying to remove it afta d d sewing z one work I’m not fond of. Wait o, so d dress literally tore? What a wow i can’t stop laughing rai nao. Balogun market z crazy, first tym i went i was excited as per a bigger market dan aleshinloye market z ere yaaay not knowing i was in for it lol, i love going to d market so first tym i just entered small nd didn’t buy anything. D d day came nd i saw hell lol, i had to walk literally everywhere cos me sef i no get direction, eventually i got what i wanted but it appeared fabrics are more expensive dan in ib 🙁 was sad ehn, i think i prefer tejuosho tho, balogun z crazy abeg

• ?? Thanks darling ?? ?? As in ehnn… stretchy fabrics are not friendly one bit ?? I agree o, the paper method will require that you start peeling off the paper afterwards.. I opt for candle wax instead. Lmaoooo!!! The first time I window-shopped Balogun, I went with a designer friend who had a good grip of the market already,so I was just a surveyor for the day .. Hhahahahaha you’ll need to critically explore to get great stuff (for a reasonable price) in Balogun ??…. Good ol’ Aleshinloye.. Kai Jolaade.. you just brought back memories of Aleshinloye nauw.. fabrics are expensive there too, but ihz noh az bad as Balogun .. and they can drag someone for Africa ehn

• Charles Oni PhD says:

This is wonderful. Great designs, masterpiece prose. Tolu, why not consider waiting for a style magazine? I think you have it. Even those of us who no know book are still doing tuketuke as if we are there. Come out and shine joor.

• I’m rolling in laughter here daddy ??…. If you claim to not know book, then I must be a complete dullard!!!! ???? Thank you for your kind words sir. God bless you â˜ș. And daddy, #AmaShineWhenAmaShine in
      Jesus Name ?

• All fabrics are truly not created equal. Learning to understand, accept, accommodate, and deal with people with their respective characters was something I struggled with at some point. Personal experience as reflected in this article helps us understand and learn better. I wish many people understand the lessons here.
    Good stuff!!!

• I just wish Femi! â˜șâ˜ș The way you summarized the essence of this article just gladdens my heart.. chaiiii . Thank you.. thank you kindly.

• Afi Praaaaa!!! Dazall! !!! Those Balogun people be like “Fine geh come na, I get your size, ” You be God. Sorry about the initial tear, But in reality.
    The Hustle fashion designers go through is not scriptural, but that’s what removes them from Tailor ??????????

• Lmaoooo ?? @”I get your size, You be God??” ! Christy ooooooo ????…
      Yeahhh o, the hustul is intense.. Dassraiii!! *waving hands in a celebrity-like manner* Thank you, thank you.. ????

• Skolzz Footgear says:

Nice write-up. Good to see “everyone” represented. I should feature in next edition. Thank goodness the dress wasn’t for a client.

• This was an amazing story…all the chuckles in-between and life lessons carefully woven in. I appreciate this. Your dress came out wonderful! I like the sleeve length and slightly body-hugging feature. Oh and the first thing I loved were your shoes!!! Looks amazing on your legs, girl! ????