Nov 12

68 comments on “GTBank, Hian!

• I love your blog😍😍 your pictures, your writing style everything.
    So cool.
    I love your look. So beautiful and your attitude in the pictures matched what you wanted to say. *WehdoneMa*

GTB ehn, I’m so pained with you but I love that you still made good use of the event and had fun regardless and that you’re planning towards next year.

Beautiful post.

• πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I’m so glad you enjoyed it,Tobi! Yeahhhhhh… you have to take out the useful lessons from every situation, good and bad…

• OMG!!! can I just start with the fact that you’re such a creative writer. I meannnn. I was laughing inside my pillow and sis I’m actually serious about this like “let us pray”πŸ˜‚ However, what stood out most for me is the fact that you mentioned that you’ve picked out Folabomi’s spot for next year. That’s deep. That’s vision. And I want that. To the question , I’d say Everyone says it can’t be done until it’s actually done. There’s nothing I can’t achieve because it has been conceived in my mind by God.

• I think I can go to sleep a fufilled-girl now. This feedback has made my night πŸ˜­πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜πŸ˜†πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜.
      Exactly babe! You have to keep the dream ablaze … cause where there is no vision, there is no hope. Thank you J! Love you long time ! β™‘

Ah, this tip you’ve shared with us is hoooooott hoottttt πŸ™ŒπŸ™Œ! Hhmmm. Anything and everything is possible! If you think it, you can achieve it – with God by your side.

• Adeyemi Grace says:

Wow! This had been the time I was lii poking forward to

You know what?
    I really love your blog and the insightful knowledge embedded.
    As for Gtb….. You fucked up but I was really happy when you kukuma took up the courage and went for the fashion show……
    I’m so happy about your planning towards the coming year Gtb fashion show,
    God got your back and I’m wishing you success sweetheart..
    Love you darling

• Grace! !! Ore mi atata β™‘β™‘β™‘β™‘β™‘β™‘
      Thank you for being a regular reader of these blog posts 😍😍😍😍

My dear, “No difficulty can discourage, no obstacle dismay, no trouble dishearten the man who has acquired the art of being alive.”

Thank you for your kind words, my darling. Love you Baby girl! πŸ’œπŸ§‘πŸ–€β€

• Happiness is a choice, when life gives you lemon make a lemonade, if limes? Smile abeg, life is still the sum of our choices, attitudes indeed determines the altitude so be optimistic, ire yo si de ba o, is a fine girl, I go still model folabomi one day! Ambo a ma Sanwo! 😜

• Yessssss ma! Lemonade all the way! Not wasting time sulking over the lemons.

I’m at your service… πŸ˜†πŸ˜€ I can’t wait to be honoured to drape you in Wealth!
      Thank you for sharing your thoughts ma β™‘

• Mabel Abiodun says:

GTB good gan…The definition of your Small businesses was right, unfortunately , GTB might not have made a mistake of the term so don’t be surprise if it happens again next year.
    All the same ,you are a super model and you keep learning even with the obstacles and heart pain, like what GTB gave you πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚which is a definition of Authenticity and Growth, and a big tip for moving to Medium and to the next …Keep up the good work and Abeg, No let GTB win your heart easily next year with their “Ji ma sun” kinda of message πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.

• Sheyyy?! The “Ji, ma sun” kind of message 🀣🀣🀣. Whatever happens next year will be for the next very best. πŸ˜ŠπŸ™‡β€β™€οΈ

Mabel β™‘β™‘β™‘β™‘β™‘β™‘ thank you for the vote of confidence, babe. πŸ˜†πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜β€β€

• Temitope jayeola says:

the Way you write am yet to understand!!!! It’s like the story should not end….you make fabulous outfits and me and I can’t even drive the pedal of a machine. God gat you sis. Keep seeing your sow 😁😁 and soon you will be among the β€˜small biz’.

• Tope πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ hahahaa πŸ˜†πŸ˜€ I actually read this comment in your voice. Thank you darling. God gat you too! Always! The world is literally waiting to see the amazing things you’ll exude soon!

• Gabriel Nketah says:

This is creative writing and I like the fact that you could get a positive experience at the end of the GTB small business promo drama.

• πŸŽŠπŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸŽŠπŸŽ‰ Yaayyy! First time on our blogggg!!! So good to have youu here πŸ˜€πŸ’ƒπŸ½πŸ’ƒπŸ½πŸ’ƒπŸ½πŸ’ƒπŸ½πŸ’ƒπŸ½πŸ’ƒπŸ½πŸ’ƒπŸ½πŸ’ƒπŸ½πŸ’ƒπŸ½πŸ’ƒπŸ½πŸ’ƒπŸ½ yeah o, trying to cultivate the habit of not forgetting to learn from even unpleasant situations. Thank youuu for stopping-by, Gabriel . Such a pleasure 😊!

• I like the word play, so interesting story and the build up was suspense filled. Loving it. This story and plantain chips is good for Lagos traffic.

• Hahahhahahahaa! I’d I’ve innitially a combination of this blog post, with you curled-up with a mug of tea.. but nooo, Plantain Chips actually sounds a whole lot better! But what are we drinking with it nah ? πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚ Thank you Olaolu πŸ§‘πŸ’•

• Juliet Ambali says:

I can’t wait for the next post already. You, your work, all you do are ‘want-moreable’. As funny as this was reading through. There’s a lot of depth in it that I have taken with me. Thank you for sharing. I look forward to the next!

• πŸ€£πŸ˜‚ you said “Want-Moreable” 😍😍😍😍😍 hahahaa, such a fun way to Express it πŸ˜‚πŸ˜€! I’m glad you enjoyed it. I’m ultimately glad you learnt a few things from it. Thank you sis.

• The way you write ehn..chineke! I already found myself in your world in my head. Sadly, I didn’t attend the event.

But I am sure that the email sent to you was just a way of putting you on your toes against next year. So we are here πŸ˜‰ to see you set up your spot next year.
    Big hug darling. 😘😘

• Mercyyyyyy, your words are like Balm 😍😊😍😍😍😍😍😍! True, I heard you had plans of coming, but couldn’t.

Thank you dear .. and yes, I totally agree with you on being put on my toes and alerted to work harder. See you next year at our exhibition stand, B! πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜πŸ˜Ž

• I’m not here to mush over your creative writing…mtscheew ….you know me wellll😬, just give me a name …that is the person(s) that didn’t give you the slot to blindfold our eyez with us cloth.
    Me and Jummy want’s to have a tiny conversation with himπŸ˜’. Walahi the rest will be history…Trust me😬😢

• 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣 THIS HAS ME ROLLING 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣 Jennifer! 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣 Hahahahahhahahahahhaaaaaa oh my! Gosh I love youuuuuu ❀❀❀❀

• Deborah Famuwagun says:

Tolu ehn, me sef was like you oo. Before registration ehn I have been preparing. After registration, double preparation, refreshing my mail to receives GTBank’s good but mehn……

We look forward to next year, no giving up girl.

Folabomi to the world, Faidez Wears to the world

• Hahaa! My Partner-in-Experience πŸ€—! My dear, many of us were brushed by this train.
      But, we move! πŸ˜ŠπŸšΆβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸšΆβ€β™€οΈπŸ•Ί

• i like that jΓ­ masun Avenue, if only you know, that Avenue is loaded with lots of goodies.

1. JΓ­ mΓ‘sΓΊn go get it done
    2. JΓ­ mΓ‘sΓΊn, fight that discouragement
    3. JΓ­ mΓ‘sΓΊn Exercise Determination
    4. JΓ­ mΓ‘sΓΊn, Be proud to tell everyone about what you do.
    5. JΓ­ mΓ‘sΓΊn associate yourself with the best baard ass gingered pelzins
    6. JΓ­ mΓ‘sΓΊn be a Default learner. (Be ready to learn always)

Obviously sleep isn’t coming again.
    Eskiss ma, mo ti jΓ­iiiiiiiiii.
    πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸƒπŸƒ

Let’s begin by saying kudos to Gtbank for this yearly opportunity.
    I was opportune to visit once, met a couple of outstanding people, like crazy thinkers, people that can sell ice to an iceman.

And I learnt certain things too.

In growing your Business, never ever lower your standards. Ma, I think that should come in CAPS. IN GROWING YOUR BUSINESS, NEVER EVER LOWER YOUR STANDARD.
    Be it price or quality. You can give discounts yes you can, but don’t ever welcome standard depreciation.

Ahh, I sell it for 5,000, but because you are my brother’s sister’s in law yαΊΉn yαΊΉn, comman take it for 2000. If it doesn’t only spoils the business, it lowers the quality of your business.
    Because that brother sister’s in law, will go ahead to inform other potential customers how you have discounted it for her, especially when she is from ibadan😟😏, my ibadan fifu, make una no fes.
    You may have to continue selling that good or service for 2000 if care is not taking.

Another thing i realised is that once you start dwelling on flunctuating prices, people will find the business owner unserious, and without standard. and it can cause great havoc to the small scale business. But after the Market Environment is fully grounded, the seller can even decide to dash out the product, that wouldn’t be a problem.

2. Take charge of your business, as an entrepreneur, rain will come, sun will come, drought will come, but if you take charge of your business, you’ll remain rooted and grounded. Especially at the small and early stages of the business. But if you don’t, you may end up shopping with your capital.

Someone needs to take a bow here.. My lips is getting dry. But wait first, how come!, I wasn’t talking, I was only typing. Well, I think it’s also like that in the business world. If anything happens to one part of the business, it’ll definitely affect the other.

MARKET YOUR BUSINESS WITH PRIDE.

Good Morning Folabomi. Keep Draping. EXTRAORDINARY FASHIONISTA, Writer with the sauce. #shedraped.

• Wordsmith πŸ™ŒπŸ™Œ! These are words of life!
      IN GROWING YOUR BUSINESS, NEVER EVER LOWER YOUR STANDARD. I totally agree, in every sense of it.
      Thank you for sharing your worded-juice with us, Ifeoluwa.

• Fumnanya Daniel says:

It was like a movie script. Made us feel we were in the situation with you.

Too much sauce draped in one.

Small business indeed. Loll.

• Nice piece…

By the way, small a small business is not the smallest category of businesses.

There is micro-business

“As we reported last week 76% of businesses in the UK are owned and operated by a single person. This kind of very small business has been one of the main growth areas of UK businesses in the last 10 years as increasing numbers of people have become self employed.

Often referred to as a micro business, these very small enterprises are increasingly being recognised as a distinct business class with their own needs…

On the other hand, for a small business…
    The definition of a small business is an independently owned and operated company that is limited in size and in revenue depending on the industry. A local bakery that employs 10 people is an example of a small business. A manufacturing facility that employees less than 500 people is an example of a small business. – yourdictionary definition

According to Webopedia…
    A small business is a privately owned and operated business. A small business typically has a small number of employees. In the United States, the legal definition of a small business is determined by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), which sets the criteria to be used by the SBA in making small business determinations.

Criteria by the SBA in determining the definition of a small business includes the number of workers employed or annual receipts. The following criteria is used by the SBA to define a small business:

Manufacturing: Maximum number of employees may range from 500 to 1500
    Wholesaling: Maximum number of employees may range from 100 to 500
    Services: Annual receipts may not exceed $2.5 to $21.5 million
    Retailing: Annual receipts may not exceed $5.0 to $21.0 million
    General and Heavy Construction: Annual receipts may not exceed $13.5 to $17 million
    Special Trade Construction: Annual receipts may not exceed $7 million
    Agriculture: Annual receipts may not exceed $0.5 to $9.0 million

• Just got done reading your comment sir. Wow. Thank you sir! Definitely insightful and helpful! I totally totally totally appreciate this light.

• You write just like you speak so I read this in your voice, fixing your high pitched laughter exactly where you’d have laughed.

This is just a minor setback in the grand scheme of things for Folabomi. Nigerian banks either don’t know the definition of ‘small enterprises’ or they’re being technical with the truth. Try applying for a loan and the rates will shock you.

I know say you go enter next year and I’ll definitely visit and purchase from your stall by God’s grace.

Lily of my valley πŸ™‚

• My Isaac! I smiled throughout, reading this πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‚πŸ€£ You know it, buddy ! Amen! Hahaha, you know this is my fave line from you “Lily of my valley β™‘” 😍😍😍

• I like your writing style and the idea of using your own pictures as you depict the event all along brings you right in to the picture with your reader as if you both were actually gisting at a table.

Best wishes as you ‘enter for the’ exhibition next time.

• Hi Jummy, it’s so nice to read from you 😊. I’m glad you liked reading this.
      Ahahahaaa! Thank you for the wish, I need lots of it.

• Found my way here finally! Lol. Thought I was the only one waiting for GT’s reply o. Don’t worry… They’ll beg us next year😁
    This is a great write-up. I couldn’t make it to the event.

• Nicky's COUTURE says:

Babe, no be joke at all, debut didn’t feel Bad about it either, I could remember waking up I’m the middle of the night to check my mail box. Am just so disappointed in them cause my trust for GTB was far beyond that, but na so we see am oooo, na Nija we dey sha I no surprise,
    me I sight saw the event jejely and waka go my house 😎😎 hoping someday we go make am

• Imagine, so we were many that had our hopes so high. Yes babe, we stay positive! Someday, we will make it! 😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊

• Adekunle Akofe says:

You never cease to blow up my mind…creativity in its TRUEST form. Beautiful pictures! wonderful composition!! positive thinking!!!.
    Everywhere just full of STEW 😍😍😍.

I think GTBank would have gained more reps featuring you. Minus to them, Plus to you. I wish i had known you better

• πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘. Good going girl. Love the attitude always. Keep learning, keep rising, it will soon hit Gt and the world. And listen to Jenny, we dey here 😎.

• 😊😊😊😊😊 thank you ma β™‘β™‘β™‘β™‘β™‘β™‘β™‘β™‘β™‘β™‘β™‘β™‘β™‘β™‘β™‘β™‘β™‘β™‘β™‘β™‘β™‘β™‘β™‘β™‘β™‘β™‘β™‘β™‘β™‘β™‘β™‘β™‘β™‘β™‘β™‘β™‘β™‘. Amen πŸ™ŒπŸ™Œ. Hahahaha 🀣, I know for sure
      πŸ˜‚πŸ˜€πŸ˜†

• This is dope, you know. The photography, the write up, the outfit, everything… on point bebe. I heart you dear. Keep up the good work.

I was also there ooo, though with the mindset of learning from the frontiers and setting a pace for the future and I know, as they say, “The sky is just the starting point”